home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhiladelphia 76ers
Mitchell Robinson - Ankle (QUEST)Joel Embiid - Knee recovery (QUEST)
Julius Randle - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)Robert Covington - Knee (OUT)
Duane Washington Jr. - Knee (OUT)-
Charlie Brown - Concussion (OUT)-

Game Preview

Despite being limited in more ways than one, Joel Embiid saved the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday.

On Sunday, the reigning Most Valuable Player will look to help the Sixers even their Eastern Conference first-round series at two wins apiece when they host the New York Knicks in Game 4.

Embiid poured in a playoff career-high 50 points while still struggling on his surgically repaired left knee in a 125-114 win over the Knicks in Game 3 on Thursday. Embiid had surgery on the lateral meniscus on Feb. 6.

In addition, Embiid confirmed an ESPN report that he had also been diagnosed with Bell's palsy.

"It's pretty annoying with my left side of my face, my mouth, and my eye," Embiid said. "It's been tough but I'm not a quitter, so I have to keep fighting through anything. It's unfortunate, that's the way I look at it, but that's not an excuse. I have to keep pushing."

Embiid produced a 50-point game on 13-of-19 shooting from the field, 5-of-7 from 3-point range and 19-of-21 from the free throw line. The only other Sixers to score at least 50 in a playoff game are Allen Iverson (three times) and Billy Cunningham.

Tyrese Maxey scored 25 points, Kelly Oubre Jr. added 15 and Cam Payne gave the Sixers an unexpected lift off the bench with 11.

"On the bench, I hop around all game. I'm locked in on the game plan," Payne said. "I pay attention to what's going on out there on the court. That's half the fight, really paying attention."

The Knicks will look to rebound from their loss when they take the court on Sunday.

Jalen Brunson had 39 points and 13 assists in Game 3. Josh Hart added 20 points, OG Anunoby had 17 and Isaiah Hartenstein contributed 14.

But the Knicks had to play the second half without Mitchell Robinson, who suffered a sprained ankle.

Embiid committed a flagrant 1 foul against Robinson with 4:34 left in the first quarter. Robinson left the Wells Fargo Center in a walking boot and his status is unclear. The Knicks believed it was enough to have Embiid ejected.

Donte DiVincenzo called the play "dirty."

"We're just happy Mitch didn't get a serious injury on that," Hart added. "I'm all for tough fouls, playoff fouls, but that's something that can put a guy out for a significant amount of time."

Coach Tom Thibodeau said that the Knicks must focus on their execution not the questionable calls by the referees.

"This is playoff basketball," Thibodeau said. "It's going to go up. It's going to escalate. And now we've got to bring it. My thing is there's two teams and they responded. Now we have to respond. We got to do better. We got to fix it."

While the Knicks will need to focus on Embiid, they also need to concentrate on how they approach the game from the opening tip.

"We have to come in on Sunday and from the beginning, throw the first punch," New York's Miles McBride said. "And keep throwing them."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
A 12 pt lead for the Sixers with less than a minute in the 1st quarter
Both teams struggling from the deep, (1-7)

27-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rady

Administrator
Staff member
27-17 at the end of first
Brunson scored 12, missed a couple of free throws. Hartenstein and Anunoby 2 each, Hart 1
Knicks shooting just 33% from the field and can’t get to score in the paint
Robinson not playing today

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t do so many mistakes with Embiid out.. og manages to tip in a shot and Knicks are down 23-29
Then Brunson makes a shot in transition and the Knicks cut it 25-29

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Brunson ties it at 29 before Maxey made a corner three

rady

Administrator
Staff member
MVP chants for Brunson at the free throw line! 32-32

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Bojan Bogdanovic questionable for return after having his left ankles sprained the minute he checked in with Batum diving for a loose ball
It’s the second Knick the Sixers have taken out of the game now..

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Deuce with back to back threes!!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Maxey and Lowry both replied a three of their own before Brunson scored the last points of the 1st half
Knicks 47 Sixers 49

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Divincenzo finally making the threes! Back to back

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Intense 3rd quarter with Brunson putting the Knicks up by one on a three point play
Meanwhile Embiid keeps drawing fouls play after play. He’s 11-12 so far. Hartenstein picked his 5th and all of them in the third quarter. Lots of pressure on Achiuwa for the remaining of the game
Brunson 38 pts
Anunoby 12 pts
Knicks 77 - Sixers 76

mafra

Legend
77-76 to start 4Q and Precious misses a wide open dunk. He’s not having a good game in his limited minutes. You can’t miss a wide open dunk.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Brunson has not returned to the game after hurting his knee on Lowry’s last shot.. this just keeps on adding..
Knicks down 80-81

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Tough start of the 4th quarter. An amazing block by Hart who picked his 5th foul shortly after. Brunson returned to score his 40th point of the day, Anunoby doing the dirty work in the paint.
Knicks up 86-81!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
27seconds left
Knicks up 95-90 and challenged against Maxey. Should retain possession!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Lowry to the line, makes the first, intentionally misses the second but Brunson gets a hold of it and is fouled
5 seconds left

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Playoff record for Brunson!! 47 pts
97-92!!!